Translated with Google Translate. Original text show .
Approx. 1912-1930 GERARD COX Sr. PASTEL LANDSCAPE PLAS HEIDE BOSSCHAGE 'PLASMOLEN SCHOOL' - BEHIND GLASS IN ORIGINAL FRAME
- Style: IMPRESSIONISM - PASTEL PAINTING of LANDSCAPE with POOL, HEATHER and BOSSCHAGE - BEHIND GLASS IN ORIGINAL FRAME
- Subject: subdued rural landscape in the Plasmolen area; St. Jansberg, Mook, North Limburg
- Tranquil outdoor setting with attractive vista
- Artist: GERARD COX SENIOR (1864 Arcen - 1931 Eindhoven)
- Pastellist, watercolourist, impressionist
- Considered the most important and proven exponent of the Plasmolenschool , a painting community in North Limburg in the first half of the 20th century. The equivalent of the Larense School and the Hague School painting communities, equal in quality but less well known
- Signed by the artist: G. COX with double underlining
- No title
- No exact date - made during his stay in the Plasmolen area between 1912-1930
- Handwriting on the back: Christmas 1930, Louis
- Origin/Provenance: bought by a family member in 1930 at art gallery Arn van der Heijden in Eindhoven, the Netherlands - see the other GERARD COX SR. painting that I sell !
- Technique: pastel
- Colors: restrained palette - green, brown, white, lilac, cream
- Material: paper, paint
- Original frame and glass, with hook and metal ribbon and art gallery label
- Color frame: gold-coloured, brown marbled with brass polka dot band
- Material: wood, cardboard, glass, brass
- Painting size (min.): 35 x 26 cm
- Frame size: 37 x 27.5 cm
- PAINTING & FRAME: NEW CONDITION! Some cleaning of the glass by a professional can be useful.
Preferably pick up at home
Possible shipping only via PostNL: registered and insured up to a maximum of € 500.
For shipping outside the EU, please contact us in advance for a statement of the exact shipping costs.