Translated with Google Translate. Original text show .
Approx. 1912-1930 GERARD COX Sr. PASTEL LANDSCAPE SHEPHERD Flock OF SHEEP 'PLASMOLEN SCHOOL' - IN ORIGINAL FRAME BEHIND GLASS
- Style: IMPRESSIONISM, PASTEL PAINTING OF LANDSCAPE with SHEPHERD & Flock OF SHEEP - IN ORIGINAL FRAME BEHIND GLASS
- Subject: subdued rural landscape in the Plasmolen area; St. Jansberg, Mook, North Limburg,
- Tranquil outdoor setting with attractive vista
- Artist: GERARD COX SENIOR (1864 Arcen - 1931 Eindhoven)
- Pastellist, watercolourist, impressionist
- Considered the most important and proven exponent of the Plasmolenschool , a painting community in North Limburg in the first half of the 20th century. The equivalent of the Larense School and the Hague School painting communities, equal in quality but less well known
- Signed by the artist: G. COX with double underlining
- No title
- No exact date - made during his stay in the Plasmolen area between 1912-1930
- Origin/Provenance: bought by a family member in the late 1920s-early 1930s. Probably at a gallery in Eindhoven (see my other advertisement with a pastel by Gerard Cox. Sr.)
- Technique: pastel
- Colors: restrained palette - green, black, gray white, brown
- Material: paper, paint
- Original frame and glass, with hook and metal ribbon
- Color frame: copper-coloured
- Material: wood, cardboard, glass
- Painting size (min.): 38 x 24 cm
- Frame size: 41.5 x 27 cm
- PAINTING in NEW CONDITION!
- LIST: NEAR MINT CONDITION . Only 1 chip in the top left corner. Some cleaning of the glass by a professional can be useful.
Preferably pick up at home
Possible shipping only via PostNL: registered and insured up to a maximum of € 500.
For shipping outside the EU, please contact us in advance for a statement of the exact shipping costs.