Translated with Google Translate. Original text show .
1939 JOS BUT DRAWING ZEEUW VILLAGE HAMLET ZEELAND in DOUBLE PASSEPARTOUT, BEHIND GLASS & IN ORIGINAL FRAME
- Style: COLOR DRAWING in ORIGINAL DOUBLE PASSEPARTOUT BEHIND GLASS & IN ORIGINAL FRAME incl. ART GALLERY LABEL
- Artist: JOS (JOSEPH ADRIAAN) BUT, MIDDELBURG 1899 - SLUIS 1980
- Watercolourist, painter, photographer and WW2 resistance hero
- Signed: JOS BUT
- Dated by artist: 1939
- No title
- Subject: countryside, village/hamlet in Zeeland - exact location unknown
- Technique: pencil or chalk (?)
- Colors: black, gray, red
- Material: paper
- Passepartout: fabric passepartout & gold colored
- Frame: wood with metal edge, glass
- Origin/Provenance: framed and sold at Kunsthandel WILLEM SLOOT, PC Hooftstraat 128, Amsterdam - Family property since ca. 1939/1940
- Drawing dimensions (min.): 30.5 x 22 cm
- Sizes fabrics and gold passepartout (min): 42.5 x 34.3 cm
- Frame dimensions: 45 x 36.7 cm
- EXCELLENT CONDITION ! There appears to be some uniform discoloration of the paper and fabric of the pasepartout due to age and exposure to light. The paper is slightly wavy (not glued to the substrate). Some very small chips on the corners of the frame. Not disturbing.
Preferably pick up at home
Possible shipping only via PostNL: registered and insured up to a maximum of € 500.
For shipping outside the EU, please contact us in advance for a statement of the exact shipping costs.